October 26, 2020 – SACRAMENTO – The California Division of Public Well being (CDPH) on Sunday afternoon introduced the newest statistics on COVID-19.
The testing turnaround dashboard stories how lengthy California sufferers are ready for COVID-19 take a look at outcomes. California has labored to cut back testing turnaround instances in latest weeks to assist curb the unfold of the virus. Through the week of October 11 to October 17, the common time sufferers waited for take a look at outcomes was 1.2 days. Throughout this identical time interval, 69 p.c of sufferers acquired take a look at leads to 1 day and 91 p.c acquired them inside two days. The testing turnaround time dashboard is up to date weekly.
As of September 23, 2020, California’s testing capability and turnaround time have improved. Consequently and till additional discover, all 4 tiers within the Testing Prioritization Steering initially dated July 14, 2020, could have equal precedence for testing.
Governor Gavin Newsom unveiled the Blueprint for a Safer Economy, a statewide plan for lowering COVID-19 and holding Californians wholesome and protected. The plan imposes risk-based standards on tightening and loosening COVID-19 allowable actions and expands the size of time between adjustments to evaluate how any motion impacts the trajectory of the illness.
Californians can go to covid19.ca.gov to search out out the place their county falls and what actions are allowable in every county.
A variety of knowledge and evaluation guides California’s response to COVID-19. The state is making the information and its analytical instruments obtainable to researchers, scientists and the general public at covid19.ca.gov.
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Kids (MIS-C)
Every week, the California Division of Public Well being updates the variety of circumstances of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Kids (MIS-C) reported within the state. As of October 19, 115 circumstances of MIS-C have been reported statewide. To guard affected person confidentiality in counties with fewer than 11 circumstances, we aren’t offering complete counts at the moment.
MIS-C is a uncommon inflammatory situation related to COVID-19 that may injury a number of organ programs. MIS-C can require hospitalization and be life threatening. Dad and mom ought to pay attention to the indicators and signs of MIS-C together with fever that doesn’t go away, stomach ache, vomiting, diarrhea, neck ache, rash, bloodshot eyes or feeling drained. Contact your kid’s physician instantly in case your baby has these signs. Early prognosis and remedy of sufferers is vital to stopping long-term problems.
Racial Demographics – A Extra Full Image
The California Division of Public Well being is dedicated to well being fairness and gathering extra detailed racial and ethnic knowledge that may present further understanding for figuring out future motion. Well being outcomes are affected by forces together with structural racism, poverty and the disproportionate prevalence of underlying circumstances comparable to bronchial asthma and coronary heart illness amongst Latinos and African American Californians. Solely by wanting on the full image can we perceive how to make sure the very best outcomes for all Californians.
The variations in well being outcomes associated to COVID-19 are most stark in COVID-19 deaths. Now we have practically full knowledge on race and ethnicity for COVID-19 deaths, and we’re seeing the next traits: Latinos, African Individuals, Native Hawaiians and Pacific Islanders are dying at disproportionately greater ranges. Extra males are dying from COVID-19 than females, in keeping with nationwide traits. Extra info is offered at COVID-19 Race and Ethnicity Data.
Well being Care Employee An infection Charges
As of October 24, native well being departments have reported 43,520 confirmed constructive circumstances in well being care employees and 199 deaths statewide.
Your Actions Save Lives
Each particular person has a task to play. Defending your self and your loved ones comes all the way down to widespread sense:
- Staying residence aside from important wants/actions following native and state public well being pointers when patronizing accepted companies. To the extent that such sectors are re-opened, Californians could go away their houses to work at, patronize, or in any other case have interaction with these companies, institutions or actions.
- Training social distancing.
- Carrying a fabric face masks when out in public.
- Washing fingers with cleaning soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nostril or mouth with unwashed fingers.
- Protecting a cough or sneeze along with your sleeve, or disposable tissue. Wash your fingers afterward.
- Avoiding shut contact with people who find themselves sick.
- Staying away from work, college or different individuals in the event you turn out to be sick with respiratory signs like fever and cough.
- Reply the decision if a contact tracer from the CA COVID Crew or your native well being division tries to attach. Contact tracers will join you to free, confidential testing and different assets, if wanted.
- Following steerage from public well being officers.