The Colorado Division of Labor and Employment (CDLE) has issued a rule figuring out that the Public Well being Emergency provisions of the Wholesome Households and Workplaces Act (HFWA) can be in impact in 2021. Because of this full-time workers could take as much as 80 hours of paid go away in 2021 for the next causes:
- Self-isolation or medical care on account of a communicable sickness that’s the reason for the general public well being emergency of the worker or a member of the family;
- The employer or a governmental company has decided that the worker’s presence on the job or locally would jeopardize the well being of others;
- The employer or a governmental company has decided that the worker’s member of the family’s presence on the job or locally would jeopardize the well being of others;
- To care for a kid whose faculty or daycare is unavailable attributable to a public well being emergency; or
- The worker is unable to work as a result of the worker has a well being situation that will enhance susceptibility to or danger of a communicable sickness that’s the reason for the general public well being emergency.
Half time workers could take Public Well being Emergency Go away in an quantity equal to the time the worker is often scheduled to work in a 14-day interval or the common of the hours the worker really works in a 14-day interval, whichever is bigger.
Go away taken in 2020 beneath the Households First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) will not be counted towards Public Well being Emergency go away in 2021. Nevertheless, employers could require Workers to make use of “Paid Go away” beneath the HFWA throughout Public Well being Emergency Go away. Employers ought to be aware that, in contrast to HFWA go away, they can’t require workers to supply documentation for Public Well being Emergency Go away.
The CDLE has issued info sheets: Interpretive Notice & Formal Opinion #6B and Interpretive Notice & Formal Opinion #6C concerning the brand new rule. Employers ought to seek the advice of competent employment counsel to make sure compliance with the HFWA.