(a) It’s the intent of the Legislature that:
(1) Working households be supported with most entry to
little one care childcare and improvement applications that concentrate on stabilizing households and serving to kids notice higher schooling outcomes.
(2) Working households be supported with equitable entry to childcare and a set reimbursement to be paid to all licensed and exempt suppliers who settle for backed childcare vouchers.
(3) Working households have entry to the supportive companies wanted to make sure the wholesome bodily, cognitive, social, and emotional progress and improvement of youngsters.
(4) The division, in offering funding to
little one care
childcare and improvement businesses, promote a contracting time period for companies that may permit mother and father the chance to decide on the kind of care most suited to their wants.
(5) The division, in offering funding to childcare and improvement businesses, help a father or mother’s alternative and wanted entry for kind of care by basing reimbursement on the utmost licensed hours of care wanted by the household.
(6) The division, in offering funding to childcare and improvement businesses, help constant reimbursement funds to any licensed and exempt supplier who accepts backed childcare vouchers.
(7) Working households obtain and preserve their private, social, financial, and emotional stability by way of a possibility to achieve monetary stability by way of employment and parental improvement whereas maximizing the expansion and improvement of their kids, and thru enhancing their parenting expertise by way of participation in
little one care childcare and improvement applications.
(b) The division shall contract with native contracting businesses for various fee applications in order that companies will likely be supplied all through the state. The division shall increase current various fee
applications and fund new various fee applications to the extent that funds are supplied by the Legislature.
(c) Funding for the brand new applications pursuant to this part shall be allotted to applications that meet the entire following necessities:
(1) Candidates shall conform to the necessities of this chapter.
(2) Candidates shall reveal that another fee little one improvement program is an applicable technique of delivering
little one care childcare companies inside the county or service space on the degree requested within the utility by doing both of the next:
(A) Demonstrating the supply of enough licensed or exempt
little one care childcare suppliers.
(B) Offering a plan for the event of enough licensed
little one care childcare suppliers working in cooperation with the native useful resource and referral company.
(3) Candidates shall reveal the executive viability of the choice fee company and its capability to satisfy efficiency necessities.
various fee little one improvement applications receiving funds for enlargement into a brand new service space shall be funded at a documented price applicable to that group and should contract individually as applicable.
(d) (1) Besides as supplied in paragraph (3), another fee program shall have a minimum of 12 months, and not more than 24 months, to expend funds allotted to that program in any fiscal 12 months.
(2) The division shall develop a course of that gives various fee applications a minimum of 12 months, and not more than 24 months, to expend funds allotted to that program in any fiscal 12 months.
(3) Paragraphs (1) and (2) don’t apply to contracts referring to the administration of
little one care
childcare companies described in Sections 10372 and 10372.5.