This plant-based vegetable quinoa is loaded with nutritional vitamins, minerals, coronary heart wholesome oils, and pure illness fighters. Oh sure, and it’s tasty too! It’s a recipe from The Full Fool’s Information to Vegan Dwelling, by Ray Sammartano and Beverly Lynn Bennett, which we featured in a decade previous. Immediately, we’re giving this put up an replace with extra particulars, diet details, and choices.
Vegetable Quinoa Medley makes Plant-Based mostly Meals Straightforward
By itself, quinoa is touted as an entire plant-based protein, so you would simply take pleasure in a pair servings of this vegetable quinoa as a lightweight meal. However you may as well take pleasure in it as a aspect – it pairs nicely with most proteins – or use it as a bowl base for lunch.
Some protein additions that we like embrace black beans, baked tofu cubes, or chopped cooked rooster. As for the greens, don’t hesitate to combine issues up. Inexperienced beans, peas, and carrots are additionally scrumptious on this dairy-free vegetable quinoa.
Particular Food plan Notes: Vegetable Quinoa Medley
By elements, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
Vegetable Quinoa Medley
Creator: Beverly Lynn Bennett
Recipe kind: Aspect
- 6 cups water
- Three cups quinoa, nicely rinsed
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup diced purple bell pepper
- 1 cup diced orange or inexperienced bell pepper
- Four tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced inexperienced onions
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup freshly minced parsley
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon salt, or to style
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a saucepan, carry the water to a boil. Add the quinoa, cowl, cut back the warmth to very low, and simmer for 10-15 minutes or till tender. Drain and place the cooked quinoa again within the pan, cowl and let it sit, of the warmth, when you cook dinner the opposite elements.
- Warmth ½ tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium warmth. Add the seeds, and sauté for Three minutes, or till toasted. Take away the pumpkin seeds to a bowl.
- Add the bell peppers to your skillet and sauté for Three minutes. Add the corn and garlic, and sauté for Three minutes. Add the inexperienced onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Fluff the quinoa with a type, and switch it to a big serving bowl. Add the toasted seeds, sautéed greens, remining 3½ tablespoons olive oil, olives, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and toss to evenly mix.
Serving dimension: 1/12 recipe (about 1 cup) Energy: 269 Fats: 1.6g Saturated fats: 1.6g Carbohydrates: 36.3g Sugar: 2.2g Sodium: 447mg Fiber: 4.7g Protein: 8.8g