Because the neighborhood’s constructive take a look at charge and the well being system’s COVID-19 admissions proceed to development upward, Cape Concern Valley Well being is making the next modifications to the present visitation coverage. These adjustments will go into impact on Monday, Jan. 3.
Visitation instances are from midday to eight p.m. for many inpatients and from four to eight p.m. for inpatients who’ve examined constructive for COVID-19. Non-COVID sufferers could have two guests between midday and eight p.m., however they could not depart and return. Care companions who keep in a single day with a affected person and depart the following morning is not going to be allowed to return till visiting hours reopen. COVID-positive inpatients could have two guests between four and eight p.m. for as much as 1 hour every, and their guests should put on an N95 respirator (supplied by the hospital) always and will not eat or drink within the room. COVID-positive sufferers could not have in a single day guests.
Within the Emergency Division, one customer is allowed after the affected person has been positioned in a non-public remedy room and the customer could not come and go. If the affected person is admitted or boarded whereas ready on a mattress, their visitation hours are midday to eight p.m. and guests should nonetheless stay within the room. Guests who depart will probably be allowed to return on the subsequent visitation time. Visitation guidelines at Specific Care places are the identical because the Emergency Division.
Sufferers who’re on the Finish of Life could have one customer a day exterior of the visitation instances listed above. In sure circumstances, the nursing supervisor could permit for compassionate exceptions to this rule for Finish of Life sufferers. Non-COVID Finish of Life sufferers who’re actively passing are allowed as much as 4 guests, with two guests at a time. COVID sufferers at Finish of Life are allowed a one-time go to for 4 rapid members of the family solely with a most time of 4 hours, if exterior of the conventional visiting hours.
Guests and sufferers in all Cape Concern Valley Well being services and clinics are required to correctly put on a masks supplied by the well being system always. Masks should stay on always, even in sufferers’ rooms, or the customer will probably be requested to depart. Fabric masks and neck gaiters aren’t permitted. This masks coverage will probably be strictly enforced.
All guests will probably be screened with a short verbal questionnaire and a temperature scan earlier than being allowed entry. Those that refuse to reply the questions or who’ve a temperature above 100.Three Fahrenheit will probably be denied entry.
The well being system nonetheless has some additional restrictions in sure components of the medical heart and different places, as follows:
• Surgical procedure and procedural sufferers will probably be allowed one customer within the pre-op space, however two guests could wait within the surgical ready room if arriving with the affected person. Moreover, surgical procedure sufferers could have one customer within the Put up-Anesthesia Care Unit if they’re ready to be admitted to the hospital. As soon as a surgical procedure affected person or procedural affected person has been admitted, two guests can go along with the affected person to their room.
• Inpatients awaiting surgical procedure or a process could have the usual variety of guests throughout visiting hours. Moreover, one help individual could stick with the affected person in a single day and stay till the affected person is taken to surgical procedure.
• Highsmith-Rainey Specialty Hospital surgical sufferers could have one help individual, who could wait within the foyer throughout the process.
• Labor and Supply sufferers are allowed one help individual with the affected person who have to be at the very least 16 years previous. No different guests are allowed. Help individuals aren’t allowed to change with different folks, they usually can’t depart and return.
• Within the Household Centered Care Unit, there could also be one help individual to spend the night time. The help individual have to be over the age of 16 and will not come and go. No different guests are allowed.
• Pediatrics and the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit will permit mother and father/authorized guardians (as much as two) to go to across the clock, they usually could come and go. Just one mother or father or authorized guardian could keep in a single day. One extra customer between hours of midday to eight p.m. is allowed per day apart from the mother and father, however there could also be solely two folks on the bedside at a time. Nobody beneath the age of 12 could go to. Kids 12 years of age and older have to be accompanied by an grownup 18 years of age or older.
• Within the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, two banded mother and father/authorized guardians are allowed to go to. They’ll go to at any time, they usually could come and go. There isn’t a house to permit for in a single day stays.
• Oncology and Oncology clinics will permit as much as two guests at a time, aside from the chemotherapy space, the place house constraints and immunocompromised sufferers don’t permit for visitation.
• Outpatient clinics and Fayetteville Ambulatory Surgical Middle will permit not more than two guests per affected person.
• Cape Concern Valley Behavioral Well being Care will permit sufferers one customer Mondays by means of Fridays, from 7 to 9 p.m. On the weekends, they could have two guests, one per time slot at 2 to five p.m. and seven to 9 p.m. As soon as guests depart the ability, they won’t be permitted to return that very same day.
• Lengthy-Time period Acute Care (LTAC) sufferers at Highsmith-Rainey Specialty Hospital are allowed two guests at a time from midday to eight p.m., however as a result of excessive vulnerability of that hospital’s affected person inhabitants, all guests should have the ability to present proof of vaccination.
Particular person hospitals within the Well being System could differ from these pointers resulting from house limitations. These revisions replicate stricter pointers relating to visitation than our earlier coverage and could also be adjusted sooner or later.