Coronavirus QLD: 50 news cases confirmed, pushing total to 493 for state


BRISBANE Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner has confirmed a Brisbane Metropolis Council worker has been identified with COVID-19 whereas they had been in social isolation.

“This worker, who’s a part of an operational group, had been travelling abroad and had not but returned to the office, once they had been identified whereas in self-isolation,” Cr Schrinner stated.

This coronavirus article is unlocked and free to learn within the curiosity of group well being and security. For full entry to our journalism – and to obtain the digital version of the newspaper as it’s printed daily – subscribe here or couriermail.com.au/subscribe

‘Wonderful family man’ struck down by COVID-19

Dramatic spike: How QLD cases doubled in four days

INTERACTIVE MAP: Where Qld’s COVID-19 cases have been detected

He stated the council was working with Queensland Well being and different related companies to make sure the wellbeing of the worker and people who might have been involved.

“The security, well being and wellbeing of all our employees is an absolute precedence and we’ll do what we will to assist this worker and their household throughout this time,” he stated.

He stated greater than half of the council’s office-based employees had been working from dwelling to minimise danger of transmission within the office or public transport.

VIRUS ALERT FOR TOP RESTAURANT AND SURF CLUB AFTER POSITIVE CASE

QUEENSLAND Well being has issued a public well being alert for venues on the Sunshine Coast, together with the Land and Sea Brewery at Noosaville, after a patron examined constructive for COVID-19.

It comes because the variety of coronavirus instances in Queensland has jumped once more, with 50 new instances taking the state’s whole to 493.

The division stated the case attended the brewery between 1-3pm on Friday March 13, Sum Young Guys Restaurant at Sunshine Beach between 6.45-8.45pm on the identical day and the Sunshine Seashore Surf Life Saving Membership on Saturday March 14, between 3.45-11.30pm and Sunday March 15 between 12.30-2pm.

The case is amongst 50 new sufferers with the novel coronavirus in Queensland, taking the state’s over numbers to 493.

Sum Yung Guys on the Sunshine Coast.
media_cameraSum Yung Guys on the Sunshine Coast.

It comes following the demise of a Toowoomba man yesterday, the state’s second fatality.

Garry Kirstenfeld, 68, had been on the Ruby Princess cruise ship which docked in Sydney on March 18.

He’s understood to have had a persistent respiratory situation which put him at elevated danger from the pandemic coronavirus pressure. He died in Toowoomba Hospital. His spouse and different members of his quick household are in isolation.

Questioned about this weekend’s council election, Queensland chief well being officer Jeannette Younger says it’s secure for folks to vote in the event that they practise social distancing.

“There isn’t a danger going to vote on Saturday. I’m extra involved with folks going to Dan Murphy’s, the scenes I’ve seen there are appalling,” she instructed reporters.

“Go in, vote, and depart.”

Queensland Well being Minister Steven Miles stated hundreds of individuals throughout the state had been examined for the virus.

“As of this morning we’ve examined 40,946 folks and it’s that testing, that world finest degree of testing that’s permitting us to include this virus,” he stated.

“Proper now now we have no Queenslanders in intensive care which is far decrease than degree of hospitalisation and intensive care seen anyplace else on the earth and that’s exactly due to our excessive degree of testing.”

Health Minister Steven Miles says Queensland has conducted more than 40,000 coronavirus tests. Picture: Jono Searle/AAP
media_cameraWell being Minister Steven Miles says Queensland has performed greater than 40,000 coronavirus assessments. Image: Jono Searle/AAP

Dr Miles stated it was essential Queenslanders complied with the social distancing and quarantine tips put in place.

“Whether or not you’re younger or outdated wealthy or poor we’d like each single Queenslander to adjust to these guidelines,” he stated.

“The unfold of the virus from the restaurant at Noosa that we learnt about yesterday underlines simply how simply this could unfold if now we have teams collectively and particularly if now we have teams collectively from totally different components of the state.

“That’s why that restrict on gatherings is simply so essential.”

FULL LIST: Schools shut down because of COVID-19

It comes because the State Authorities introduced that Queensland schools will close from next week to all however the kids of important companies.

Faculties will transfer to pupil-free days from subsequent week, though anybody with a job would nonetheless be capable of ship their kids to high school.

Dr Miles stated the state might have misplaced as much as 30 per cent of its well being employees if colleges had fully closed.

“It’s extremely vital that our well being employees proceed to have the ability to ship their kids to high school,” he stated.

“Modelling by our hospitals advised if they’d been unable to try this it could have probably impacted on 30 per cent of our well being workforce.

HAIRDRESSERS RENEW CALL FOR TOTAL BAN DESPITE BACKFLIP

HAIRDRESSERS are urging the federal government to tear of the Band Help and implement studio closures, saying the trade has been left in disarray after the federal government backflipped on coronavirus safety legal guidelines.

On Wednesday, the Authorities restricted hair appointments to a most of 30-minutes in period – confines that had been too slender for boutique salons, with many saying non permanent closures final night time.

The Authorities reversed these legal guidelines on Thursday, nevertheless hairdressers say the harm has already been carried out with each employees and shoppers terrified of virus publicity in longer appointments.

Lujo Hair and Magnificence Proprietor Ashleigh Maguire stated the choice to shut had solely created extra uncertainty.

Ashleigh Maguire (centre) the owner of Lujo hair and makeup, with L to R, Desire de Villiers apprentice hairdresser, Chloe Hullick senior hairdresser and Jordan Voss hairdresser, working out if they'll be opening again tomorrow, Lujo hair and Makeup, Teneriffe, Thursday 26th March 2020 – Photo Steve Pohlner
media_cameraAshleigh Maguire (centre) the proprietor of Lujo hair and make-up, with L to R, Need de Villiers apprentice hairdresser, Chloe Hullick senior hairdresser and Jordan Voss hairdresser, understanding if they’re going to be opening once more tomorrow, Lujo hair and Make-up, Teneriffe, Thursday 26th March 2020 – Photograph Steve Pohlner

“Individuals are going to suppose that possibly the hairdresser is an unsafe atmosphere,” she stated.

“They’re questioning why did it go from simply being 30 minute appointments to being okay now?”

Studios throughout Brisbane – together with Lujo Hair and Magnificence, Blondee Salon and Mikki Auld Hair – embarked of grooming marathons on Wednesday working from morning till midnight on what they assumed was their ultimate day of operation.

Yesterday when the appointment curfews had been revoked, studio homeowners stated there was ‘completely’ no rejoicing.

“I felt like I’d ripped off a Band Help, however to get up this morning and listen to that’s been modified once more, it’s so defeating,” stated Mikki Auld Hair proprietor Mikki Auld.

Ms Maguire stated she felt trapped between monetary danger of closing and the well being danger of opening and must ‘suppose arduous’ earlier than making a choice about whether or not her studio would stay open.

“We’re simply in limbo, we’re unsure what to do and what the proper choice is to make,” stated Ms Maguire.

Ashleigh Maguire (centre) the owner of Lujo hair and makeup, with L to R, Desire de Villiers apprentice hairdresser, Chloe Hullick senior hairdresser and Jordan Voss hairdresser, working out if they'll be opening again tomorrow, Lujo hair and Makeup, Teneriffe, Thursday 26th March 2020 – Photo Steve Pohlner
media_cameraAshleigh Maguire (centre) the proprietor of Lujo hair and make-up, with L to R, Need de Villiers apprentice hairdresser, Chloe Hullick senior hairdresser and Jordan Voss hairdresser, understanding if they’re going to be opening once more tomorrow, Lujo hair and Make-up, Teneriffe, Thursday 26th March 2020 – Photograph Steve Pohlner

Studio homeowners and workers stated they had been merely in search of closure – in each sense of the phrase.

“As a group all of us have the identical idea, there’s boards going about this complete scenario, everybody simply desires to be closed,” stated Lujo Hair and Magnificence hairdresser Jord Voss.

“I really feel like we’re heading into doomsday and we’re slowly ready for it to return, whereas I really feel if we simply do a shut down, get it over and carried out with we will then begin being extra constructive about what’s to return,” stated Blondee Salon proprietor Religion Williams.

$13,000 FINES FOR ARRIVALS NOT SELF-ISOLATING

INCOMING passengers at Brisbane Airport are being handed a two-page type to fill out which threatens them with a $13,000 advantageous in the event that they don’t keep of their dwelling as authorities battle to cease the unfold of the coronavirus.

The shape asks if the individual is a Queensland resident or whether or not they reside or work near the border of New South Wales, South Australia or the Northern Territory.

Police and Queensland Fireplace and Emergency Service personnel had been despatched to Brisbane Airport in the present day to offer the notices to all folks arriving from incoming flights.

The shape asks for the individual’s handle, telephone and date of delivery in addition to names of members of the family and dependents.

It’s understood greater than 30 folks in emergency companies had been requested at hand out the varieties.



Source link

0Shares

Leave a Reply