By CINDY CROSBY
Following the June 29 announcement from Colleton County Excessive Faculty Director of District Athletics Wayne Alston suspending summer time conditioning and exercises till additional discover, the athletic division has been busy engaged on plans for all eventualities heading into the 2020-2021 faculty yr.
Throughout final week’s Colleton County Faculty Board assembly, Alston offered plans for the upcoming faculty yr. Alston mentioned the SCHSL despatched tips to every district on what re-opening athletics ought to appear to be and since, these suggestions have offered the muse for Colleton County Excessive Faculty’s strategy to apply necessities. These tips addressed facility cleansing, limitations on gatherings, pre-workout screening, face coverings, hygiene practices, bodily exercise and gear, assumption of danger waiver, and particular sport limitations.
The Colleton County Athletic Division issued a joint assertion from coaches that mentioned, “As a collective group, we’re asking for all group members to please social distance, apply good hygiene and put on face covers to stop the unfold of this virus. We wish everybody to understand how vital athletics is as an outlet, supply of train and character growth for all our student-athletes. If we band collectively as a group, we are able to flatten the curve and return to some type of normalcy.”
Key factors from Alston’s presentation to the college board included:
• CCHS had a complete of 11 graduating athletes decide to take part in collegiate athletics.
• Up to now, CCHS has 51 athletes full registration for athletics on PlanetHS and begin collaborating in exercises.
• Over 100 folks attended a latest re-opening assembly held in June.
• An introduction to an athletic division app
• Colleton County Athletics Web site: colletoncountycougars.com
• Athletic Sportsfolio’s Program
• PlanetHS: Athletic Registration
• Digital Senior Sponsorship Booklet
As well as, Alston introduced plans to encourage Colleton County Excessive Faculty scholar athletes to develop into extra concerned on the group degree and join with youth on the elementary degree, particularly throughout Covid-19.
“We want to make it possible for our student-athletes are extra concerned of their group and connecting with our youthful Cougars,” mentioned Alston.
“With our constructive Covid-19 instances on the rise, we need to make it possible for we’ve got alternate options in place as we transfer ahead. We need to be ready for no matter determination is made and begin transferring within the course of how instances are altering.”
Alston’s future plans for CCHS Athletics embrace:
• Digital studying to native elementary college students
• “How-To” movies on sports activities
• Digital “Lunch with a Cougar”
• Cougar Pen Pal Connection
• Wholesome Household Membership
To study extra or to volunteer, please contact the Colleton County Athletics Division at (843)782-0035.