Staying wholesome in the course of the summer season could be a troublesome process on account of holidays, summer season camps and busy schedules. Listed below are some ideas so that you can keep wholesome this summer season season.
• Relaxation — as a result of the times are longer, chances are you’ll end up staying up later. The typical particular person wants 7-9 hours of sleep an evening. Research have additionally proven that individuals who don’t get sufficient sleep have a better threat of weight problems and meals cravings.
• Hydrate — due to the upper temperatures our our bodies work tougher to remain cool by perspiration (sweating). To stop dehydration, drink a minimal of 64 ozof water every day.
• Keep cool — Attempt swimming or every other water sport of your liking. If you’re exercising open air, bear in mind to put on gentle clothes that permits you to keep dry and funky to stop warmth exhaustion.
• Eat summer season meals — A number of nice vegatables and fruits are at present in season. Add zucchini, tomatoes, cantaloupe, and watermelon as facet dishes to your meals. These meals are low-calorie which can allow you to eat much less whereas conserving you full. Talking of summer season greens, right here is one in every of Dinner Tonight’s favourite recipes that makes use of a wide range of greens.
Summer time Salad
1 avocado sliced
1/four cup water
three tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce minced
1 garlic clove minced
2 cup frozen corn kernels thawed and drained
four medium roma tomatoes seeded and diced
1 cup jicama diced
four medium tomatillos diced
2 medium jalapenos seeded and diced
1/four cup inexperienced onion sliced
half of cup cilantro chopped
– Clear you preparation space and wash your palms. Wash your greens (tomatoes, jicama, tomatillos, jalapenso, inexperienced onions, and cilantro).
– Mix all elements in a blender or meals processor and mix till clean. Put aside whereas making ready salad or refrigerate till able to serve.
– Mix all elements and gently toss. Drizzle with dressing and toss till evenly coated.
Kathy Smith is a Texas A&M AgriLife extension agent in Parker County.