‘Fit and healthy’ Uber driver, 33, texted ‘pray for me’ before dying of coronavirus he ‘caught from coughing passenger’

AN UBER driver with no underlying well being circumstances died of coronavirus after a lady repeatedly coughed in his taxi, his brother has mentioned.

Cabbie Ayub Akhtar, from South London, was simply 33 years outdated, when he died of Covid-19 final Friday.

⚠️ Learn our coronavirus live blog for the newest information & updates

 Ayub Akhtar was just 33 years old when he died of coronavirus last Friday


Ayub Akhtar was simply 33 years outdated when he died of coronavirus final FridayCredit score: GoFundMe

Ayub’s brother, Yasser, mentioned he developed coronavirus signs shortly after selecting up the coughing passenger.

Yasser advised the Daily Mail: “He advised us in regards to the woman coughing behind him in his Prius just a few days earlier than and that he was fearful about it.

“Then the coughing with him began and he felt chilly the entire time. We had the central heating on all the entire time to assist him.

“I might hear his painful coughing from his bed room at evening and that he was struggling for breath.”


Do not miss the newest information and figures – and important recommendation for you and your loved ones.

To obtain The Solar’s Coronavirus publication in your inbox each tea time, sign up here.
To comply with us on Fb, merely ‘Like’ our Coronavirus page.
Get Britain’s best-selling newspaper delivered to your smartphone or pill every day – find out more.

Yasser mentioned that when his brother’s respiration worsened, they referred to as for an ambulance.

Ayub was at first admitted to the Mayday Hospital in Croydon and transferred to St. George’s Hospital, Tooting.

In a textual content message despatched to his household from his mattress in intensive care, Ayub wrote: “I’m actually scared… pray for me.”

Days later, he handed away. Tragically, his household couldn’t be by his aspect in hospital due to the infectious illness.

Yasser mentioned: “We weren’t in a position to see him. However we knew it was unhealthy as a result of if we texted him, it took a day earlier than he responded.

“He mentioned he was scared as a result of the docs had been asking him to attempt to breathe together with his lungs and he could not.

“It has all occurred so fast. It destroyed him.”

Yasser added: “That is such a tough time. We have not been allowed to see him and do not know after we can have the funeral. In our faith, we desire burials to be accomplished inside a day or two.”

A total of 7,978 people have now died in hospital after testing positive for coronavirus, up by 881 on Wednesday.

It comes as the government urged people to stay home over Easter as police warned they were ready to take action against those who flouted the coronavirus lockdown rules.

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said it was still too soon for ministers to begin lifting the strict social distancing rules introduced last month.

Mr Raab – who has been deputising for Boris Johnson – mentioned they might not start to start out trying once more on the measures till the tip of subsequent week.

In the meantime Downing Avenue mentioned the Prime Minister – who had been in intensive care since Monday night – has been returned to the ward at St Thomas’ Hospital following an improvement in his condition.

Source link


Leave a Reply