Beginning right this moment (17 August), when you make use of work cross holders who’re Malaysians or Malaysia everlasting residents (PRs) and who enter Singapore by land, now you can convey them in underneath the Periodic Commuting Association (PCA) scheme. That is in response to the Ministry of Manpower’s newest replace of the advisory for employers and employees travelling to and from COVID-19 affected areas.
Below the PCA scheme, Malaysians or Malaysia PRs with legitimate Singapore work passes ought to stay in Singapore for at the very least 90 days earlier than returning to Malaysia for residence go away.
The advisory acknowledged that each one different cross holders, together with these on in-principle approval (IPA), Dependant’s Move, Lengthy Time period Go to Move and Letter of Consent (LOC), should proceed to acquire MOM’s entry approval to enter Singapore.
Earlier than requesting for MOM’s entry approval, employers should:
- Guarantee they will fulfil the extra tasks to convey the cross holders in. This consists of paying for his or her COVID-19 take a look at and keep on the devoted SHN facility, if relevant.
- If the employer’s work cross holders have dependants who aren’t employed (i.e. not issued a piece cross, together with LOC), they have to fulfil their tasks in direction of their dependants.
- Use MOM’s entry approval calculator to plan when to request for MOM’s entry approval. Requests acquired by 12pm are for arrivals inside the subsequent 30 days.
- Guarantee there can be found flights/transport and the cross holders can journey to Singapore on their deliberate arrival date earlier than requesting for MOM’s entry approval.
As soon as MOM’s approval has been obtained, employers ought to verify the flight/transport for the worker instantly.
MOM’s entry approval is required for:
- Work cross holders, together with these with LOC. Nevertheless, please notice that these with LTVPs issued by ICA have to request for ICA’s entry approval, even when they’ve LOCs issued by MOM.
- For the above people, the employer is required to request for MOM’s entry approval.
- Dependant’s Move (DP) or Lengthy Time period Go to Move (LTVP)* holders who aren’t employed
- For the above people, the native sponsor (i.e. employer of Employment Move (EP) / S Move holder) is required to request for MOM’s entry approval.
Employers ought to notice that the timeline for realizing the end result of the entry approval request is as follows:
- In the event you submit the request from Monday to Friday, by 12pm, you’ll get the end result on the similar day.
- In the event you submit the request from Monday to Friday, after 12pm, you’ll get the end result on the subsequent working day.
- In the event you submit the request on weekends or public holidays, you’ll get the end result on the subsequent working day.
Employers of IPA holders should look forward to the people to finish their Keep-House Discover earlier than getting their passes issued. Employers of EP, S Move, DP or LTVP IPA holders with STVPs expiring inside two weeks ought to request for an STVP extension.
Whereas the validities of Work Allow holders’ STVPs and IPAs will mechanically be prolonged by two weeks. Employers ought to notice that no letters can be issued for this extension.
Generally, employers and workers ought to proceed to be vigilant and undertake the next precautions the place related:
- Employers ought to defer all work-related journey plans and often test the Ministry of Well being (MOH) web site for the newest replace on the COVID-19 state of affairs.
- Employers ought to remind workers of MOH’s journey advisory to defer all journey overseas and inform workers of the employers’ HR insurance policies on the therapy of workers who journey overseas throughout this era, whether or not work-related or non-work associated.
- Employers must also get hold of a well being and journey declaration from their workers, on whether or not they have travelled abroad just lately, or if they’ve any upcoming abroad journey plans.
Photograph / 123RF.com