There’s nothing like waking as much as a giant, wholesome brunch on a Sunday morning—particularly if that brunch entails shakshuka. Shakshuka is a tomato-sauce based mostly dish sometimes cooked in a skillet with eggs, greens, and spices. Dip some toasty bread into the skillet, pour your self a cup of espresso, and you’ve got your self the Sunday morning brunch of your desires.
This recipe is courtesy of Eat This, Not That! Medical Skilled Board Member Toby Amidor, MS, RD, CDN. She can be the creator of the cookbook The Wholesome Meal Prep Cookbook and presently within the technique of publishing her new cookbook, The Household Immunity Cookbook: 101 Straightforward Recipes to Increase Well being, which might be launched on Oct. 1, 2021.
Makes 6 servings
You may Want
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, reduce into 1-inch-wide strips
1 inexperienced bell pepper, reduce into 1-inch broad strips
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1 Tbsp chopped recent cilantro, or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1/four tsp salt
1/four tsp freshly floor black pepper
1 tsp sriracha
6 giant eggs
Methods to Make It
- In a big saute pan over medium warmth, warmth the olive oil till it shimmers.
- Add the onions and bell pepper and saute till softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook dinner till aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Stir within the crushed tomatoes, cilantro, salt, black pepper, and sriracha.
- Enhance the warmth to medium-high and produce the combination to a boil, then scale back the warmth to medium-low.
- Cowl the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes to let the flavors mix collectively.
- Break 1 egg right into a wine glass. Gently pour the egg into the pan alongside the periphery.
- Repeat with the remaining 5 eggs so a circle is shaped with the eggs alongside the outer fringe of the pan.
- Cut back the warmth to low, cowl the pan, and cook dinner till the eggs are poached—about 6 minutes.
- If meal prepping: Place the shakshuka in six particular person containers, every together with one egg topped with sauce. Retailer for as much as 5 days. Reheat within the microwave for 1 minute and let it cool for two minutes to permit the warmth to evenly distribute.
For much more scrumptious brunch eats, try this Southern Shrimp Succotash Salad recipe.
Join the Eat This, Not That! e-newsletter to get each day recipes and meals information in your inbox!